Okay so i’m sorry i’ve been pretty quiet with my blogging recently but i’m back, and talking about bloating!!
Everyone hates a bloated stomach right?! It’s not only uncomfortable but can be painful too! I’ve suffered a lot in the past from a tender stomach and bad bloating, so here are my top tips to help you reduce bloating on a daily basis!
- Avoid foods you are Intolerant to! I know it might sound simple, but if you pay attention to what you are eating, you will see a trend to what foods makes you bloated. Think about what you are eating and how it’s going to react with your stomach.
- Eat plenty of fruit and veggies! Yay! Don’t we all love that, you must have known it was coming. Fruit and vegetables contain lots of fibre which help with digestion and reduce the risk of bloating. Also be careful of foods high in sodium (salt), as this will also make your stomach bloat very quickly.
- Drink up to 2 litres of water during the day. Keeping your body hydrated will help your stomach to digest the food you are eating. Not only that, water plays a huge part in most of your daily activity! You will find that you are able to concentrate for longer and it’ll help reduce headaches if you suffer with those too! If you want to know more about the benefits of drinking water comment below and i’ll get a post up soon!
Now we’ve got the standard healthy stuff out of the way lets move on to the tips that i have found to really benefit me!
4. Take time to eat your meal. I can’t stress this enough. I used to be that person who would have demolished my plate of food before everyone else had even got half way through, but i’ve found that when i take my time and chew my food properly, i don’t bloat, and i enjoy my food more!
5. Try and eat small and regular meals, this way your stomach won’t be starving when you go to eat and take longer to digest. If you can’t get proper meals into your daily routine just have snacks available which are easy to eat and will stop the rumbling starting!
6. Limit your intake of fizzy drinks! They are gassy and will get your stomach bloated quicker than a lot of foods! Chewin-gum is also not your friend when it comes to bloating. When you chew gum you are constantly taking in a lot of air and teasing your stomach that you are eating when you’re actually not! Be kind to your stomach!
7. Try and exercise for at least 30minutes a day. Weather that is walking or a session in the gym, it’ll help with digestion and relaxing your body!
There you have it! My top tips to help you limit the risk of bloating on a daily basis! Take it all into consideration and have a think about when you usually bloat and what you have eaten last. It’s not a pleasant thing to feel bloated, especially if you are out and about at work all day! You want to feel relaxed and comfortable right?!
If you have any questions about the above, comment below and i’ll get back to you!